Friday, August 22, 2008

County fair time

Its fair time! We entered the fair here for the first time this year. We got quite a few ribbons-even the kids. The kids entered Photos and baking and did pretty good. I dont have a total ribbon count yet and wont until sunday but they were sure excited to see those ribbons hung on their stuff. Dh entered photos and a couple of his needlework projects, yes you read that right. My Dh does counted cross stitch and is very good at it. He got fewer ribbons than the kids did but I'm pretty sure thats because of the stiff competition in the adult photography divisions. I entered baking, crochet and quilts. I ended up with the best in class for crochet dolls. My bitty little doll(3 in tall) beat out all the big bed dolls and barbies which just fascinated me. My quilts got mostly reds(meets requirements) and whites(needs work) which is pretty much what i expected. I mostly entered to see what the judges require since i've never entered a quilt in a show before.
All our stuff was entered under open class. We goofed up the registration for 4-h this year but will attempt to get it right next year.

No comments: