Monday, August 31, 2009
Sunday, August 30, 2009
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Monday, August 24, 2009
Sunday, August 23, 2009
Friday, August 21, 2009
Friday, August 7, 2009
Now that my quilt holders are home I finally got pictures taken of a few of the bigger quilts I finished while they were gone. The top 2 are from a block swap I was in a few months back. Remarkably quick turnaround dont you think? Usually swap blocks lay around my house for a long time! The bottom 2 are going to the QOV project as soon as i can talk to the Chaplain here on base to see if he has a contact or if i need to get in touch with someone else.
These last 3 are BIG! the Valentines one's are 102x110 i think. One is for me, the other does not have a home yet. The St. Patrick's one is 98x104 if i remember right. It is also for me! Sorry about the lousy pictures-the wind was blowing again but it was nto raining this evening so I took them anyway.
- M&M king size jacob's ladder(basted and ready to quilt)
- Valentine runners(4 or 5)-ready to baste
- Halloween runners(4 or 5)-ready to baste
- heart swap blocks-need to be sashed together
- pink and brown swap blocks-need to be sashed together
- 30's round robin-basted
- quilty ladies-basted
- at least 3 row robins-still in rows
- stack and slash hearts-need squaring and set together
- stack and slash shamrocks-need LOTS of work
- black and white swap blocks-need to be sashed together
- christmas runners-3 ready to baste
This is not a complete list of my ufo's nor do i expect to get all these done in August but it is all i can think of off the top of my head. And in my case done means bound and ready to use even though Kim says tops count on big projects. Here's Kim's blog if you want to read the rules: http://kimsbigquiltingadventure.blogspot.com/2009/08/da-rulz.html
Thursday, August 6, 2009
But since the kids are back i have quilt holders again! I've got 6 that need to be held up and photographed but since its raining (normal for Sturgis week). We will have to wait for this afternoon and hope for the best.