Thursday, September 18, 2008

quilting advice needed



I need help....well I guess we all knew that but this is help that I'm sure I can get from the folks who read this. Any suggestions on how to quilt these? Thread colors? Designs? They are all wall hangings for my sewing room. The first 2 started life as round robins that came home last fall if i remember right and the 3rd one is couple of leftover blocks from a mystery quilt. I will probably quilt the mystery the same or similar to the little one so any suggestions should take that into account. All 3 are basted and waiting thier turn after the halloween quilt.

2 comments:

swooze said...

On the two RRs I would be inclined to stitch in the ditch on the center blocks then choose an all over design for each border after that. Maybe some loops on the plain borders then on the checkerboard some cross hatching through the squares. I think once you start it will speak to you.

When I look at the hearts it makes me think about echo quilting the hearts. I really liked that technique and I think it would lend itself well to that quilt.

Congrats on all your finishes!

MAMACRAFTY said...

LOVE YOUR M&M'S!~! THEY ARE ADORABLE! HAVE YOU THOUGHT ABOUT DOING LITTLE "M&M"?? ON THE SASHING??