Thursday, March 27, 2008

one top done


I got my turning twenty top finished yesterday morning. Its Queen sized-HUGE! We really dont have a place indoors for taking that big of pics but by the time dh got home from work yesterday it was snow/rain/sleeting, so the fromt porch was off limits for photos. This quilt started life as a lap or twin sized top. Then the Plan was 2 lap/twins. Then i decided i might as well make one big one for our bed, surely that would take up all my Valentines fabrics right? NOT!! I have 24 more blocks cut out and will probably have enough fabric to make the full 30 that i used in this queen sized quilt. So, 2 queen sized tops and 2 full size tops(still in blocks that i need to trim from a buggy barn pattern), and i still have 2 big pieces(2+yds each), about 6 FQ and a big handfull of scraps. My goal was to use up my Valentines fabrics....i truly did not realize just how far they would go! By my figures by the time i make up the 2nd Turning 20 queen sized top i'll have used close to 20 yards of fabric. I bought 4 yards of black to use as a background for the buggy barn pattern. So something like 16 yards out of my stash-wow!

No comments: