Tuesday, January 26, 2010

design wall


Yesterday was a really good day in the sewing room. I got all the blocks from last time's design wall into the first 2 Christmas tops, now i need to make a few more blocks to get twin size quilts out of them. Then I finished the baby quilt that I showed in the last post. I also made these 9patch's and snowballs out of some more of the Christmas fabrics. And last but not least I started the quilting on another twin size UFO. All in all I think I got more sewing done yesterday than I have since Christmas. Today the only goal is to finish the quilting on that twin, which may be more difficult than I want it to be since Tuesdays are my crazy days. On Tuesdays I leave the house at 8:30 am and don't get home till 8:30 pm. When you add to that getting kids ready for school before and ready for bed after, there just is not a lot of day left.

5 comments:

Tamera said...

Becky,

I started a blog ring called Dakota Quilters. It's for quilters in North or South Dakota. Would you like to join?

Barb said...

I love how your snow balls and nine patches are turning out....

Lori in South Dakota said...

when I look at the picture it makes me think of gift wrapped packages. I understand about not making MORE UFO's, I'm heading off to sew on some OLD UFO's!

piecesofpatti said...

Your snowballs and nine patches look great.......now I just need to get busy and get more done!

SewCalGal said...

I love the fabrics & colors you selected for your snowballs & 9 patch.

I made great progress today on my snowballs (all done) and pretty good progress on my 9 patch blocks. But my PC is on strike (I'm borrowing a PC) so it will be a few days before I can post an update.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com